Sunday, September 20, 2009

ODS First Week


Well here I am at Officer development School. In Newport RI it is very windy here I do have a room with a view a beautiful view of the bay some times there are sailboat races that look really neat. I don't have a lot of time to look at the sail boats the first week they run you pretty hard. wake up between 0400 0430 and most nights we were let go around 2000 "8:00PM" lights out at 2200 "10:00PM" lots of little silly rules to obey and if you mess up the whole team dose push ups for it. It is supposed to teach team work. I'll let you know how its working next week. I did get a uniform and it looks OK. dress uniforms don't come til the next week or two.
I did do a PFA or physical fitness assessment sit ups 51 push ups 38 1.5 mile run in 13:58 I should do better in all areas by the time I leave here. I think I will. the food is not too bad I have lost weight but not a lot one pound or two is all I was hoping ODS would drop me 10 pounds or more. it might still well I had better finish things up I have to muster for Chow in 30 min or so
ENS McRae

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Cory! So good to get an update! I've been wondering how things are going. Do you get to use your cell phone for texting and stuff? Way to go on passing your physical test! We love you!!

CoryLee said...

I have my Cell here but Using it is a privalige that as a class we are suposed to earn. hopfuly this week some time we will be able to use them. One of our class leaders got fired last night because his cell phone went off while he was being inspected and it was a privite call. that might of pushed us back a few days.

Stephanie said...

Hi, Cory! Saw your comment on Rebekah's new blog. Sorry I haven't done a new post. I'll try to today. I guess officer training isn't known for its hospitality. My only comfort in their mistreatment of you is that you will be even happier to see me when it's all said and done.

Stephen said...

Hi Cory. Enjoy your training. You only get to do it once. I still remember some of the things I had to do. Although we never had to make sand angles. :)